If you didn’t know I co-host one of the most amazing Link parties around. It’s called Think and Make Thursday it happens every Thursday at 6 A.M. I have noticed a few hings that i’d like to help you all out with that could really make a difference in getting your posts seen. I am more than priveleged to co-host with some amazing ladies, and each of us chooses anywhere from 2 to 4 Features and we also have a most clicked feature. Every feature is then Pinned to our group board on Pinterest with over 10,000 followers! We also share the features throughout the week on all of our social media channels. That’s a ton of Exposure, and what Link Parties are all about -DRIVING TRAFFIC to your blog.
Which brings me to my first Tip
Have A Social Media Account
- Such as the following :Instagram,(if you don’t have this you should really think about it it has huge reach) Twitter,Facebook, Google+,etc. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve liked someones project but didn’t feature them because they had no social media. I know you may think that’s strange, but when I feature someone it does us both a favor. You get exposure to my followers and readers and when you share that you’ve been featured I get exposure to your followers and readers. You can’t really share if you don’t have anywhere to do so.
- If you have social media Make sure your follow Icons are where I, or anyone else for that matter, can find them. THIS IS A HUGE DEAL If people have to scroll to the bottom of the page or hunt for where to follow you, I can tell you now they won’t do it. Also if your follow tabs are visible make sure they WORK. I found this awesome tutorial from Emily at Blogaholics Design on YouTube and made mine myself. I also made sure it’s one of the very first things people see when they come to my site. My buttons are a contrasting color, they’re right under my picture, and the images make sense. You know what each one means.
My Next tip is a Big deal it’s how you get noticed. I am speaking from experience. I have been featured on some pretty huge blogs and It makes my traffic go through the roof everytime.
Have a Great Picture
- I know not everyone has an amazing camera or a photography degree but this is a very important thing. It’s the first thing someone sees. You only have that tiny little square to entice someone to click on your article so you better make it count. I have clicked on so many articles with a terrible picture that were actually really good posts, but pictures are what grab people.
- For example here are 2 photos I took of my DIY Bar Cart in the same room at the same time of day. I just had the curtains closed in one picture. Mind you I have zero Idea how to use my camera and I’ve taken the same kind of Photos with my phone.
Big difference right? I learned very early that sunlight makes everything much prettier on camera.
The next tip is a simple one but can make a big impact on having your post seen.
Sign Up For the Party Newsletter
- I do this for every party I link up to. As soon as the party goes live a letter is sent out and I try to be one of the first links.
- Being one of the first posts more than doubles your chances of being seen by one of the hosts of the party. It has worked for me many times.
- Leave a comment thank the host for the party or mention one of their articles you read. I’m not saying I only pick people who comment. That’s not the case at all, but I may have missed your link and many times comments prompt me to go back and take a second look.
- Comment on other bloggers links. I can’t stress this enough! Making someone feel good about what they’ve put out to the world could earn you a loyal follower for life. Someone that feels like you notice them and appreciate there work is more apt to follow you back and share your work. These people are extremely valuable to you and me as bloggers. Make them feel that way.
My next tip is really just about being curtious. I know everyone has a limited amount of time on their hands and we’re all juggling jobs,kids,blogging,and a bazillion other things. We hosts are also busy people and put a ton of time and effort into promoting and running a successful link party. So we appreciate any love thats sent our way and in that case:
Spread the Word
- If you’re featured TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT. sharing really is caring. If you see the host shared your post on Facebook,for example, SHARE IT. It helps us both. The more eyes that see the more readers, clicks,and so on. It takes 2 seconds and you never know that post could go viral.
- If you share I have noticed in the past the party hosts are more apt to feature me again.
I hope you find these tips helpful, I wish I would’ve had someone tell me what to do when I first started. It’s kinda cringe worthy some of the flubs I’ve made in my 2 years blogging, but hey you gotta learn some how right?
Thanks So much for Stopping By!