So in light of the fact we are getting anywhere from 6-12” of snow on Sunday, I think now is as good a time as any to Spring up my house before I loooose it!
I love for my entry to set the tone for the rest of the house. It may be super crappy outside but in here Spring is Springing!
I have a few tips on decorating a table,dresser,or a shelf.
- Books,books,books! I love old books they can be used to set things on or just as a visual interest on their own. You’d be amazed at the beautiful old books people let go at garage sales for practically nothing!
- Lanterns! A lantern, no matter what size, can be worth it’s weight in gold, when decorating. The amount of things you can do with a lantern are endless. Not to mention I’m obsessed with them!
- Mason jars, as you can see in the picture above, I used a mason jar inside the lantern instead of a candle A.) because I didn’t have any yellow candles laying around, and B.) when I put that jar in there I imagine it was a lot like the day someone put chocolate with peanut butter. Lantern + Mason Jar = MIND BLOWN!
- Mason jars are a very versatile accessory.(especially the blue ones they’re my fave!) You can set them anywhere or fill them with anything they just really give your display another point of interest.
- Another key element is layering. Use different shapes, colors, and textures whenever possible. No kidding I probably moved everything on this table 20 times before I was happy.
- Always try it! Even if you know it’s not going to work, the arrangement may get your wheels turning in a different direction that will lead you somewhere wonderful!
- DIFFERENT HEIGHTS! I Cannot stress enough how important it is to not have everything in a straight line. Straight lines are boring don’t do it!
- Don’t be symmetric, be balanced there’s a difference. Symmetry means everything on either side of a middle point are exactly the same. Balanced is like what I did in the picture below. I know my lantern Is huge so I had to make the other side seem equally filled just with smaller objects.
Really the secret to a great display be it a shelf, table, or anything for that matter is Display things you love. No matter what it is if you like it, display it!
I’m Linking up scotty! here