I’ve wanted one of these FOREVER, but they’re kind of pricey. So I was living in a wood caddyless world and it wasn’t cool. Then BOOM! I’m in the K-Mart parking Lot and I spot this bad boy just sitting out in the middle of the lot!
Yeah I know!!! Someone just left this poor guy all alone. He was just waiting for me to come. I’m pretty much a guardian angel at this point. lol. So I brought the crate home and went to town on it!
The how to of it all:
- I brushed all the dirt and grime off of it then painted it with some white flat trim paint I had. (I purposely painted it roughly to make it look a little more rustic.)
- I then got a piece of pallet wood I had Left from My DIY Towel Hanger and marked it to make inserts for the caddy. ( I marked them a little longer so they would be snug inside the crate.)
- I chose to cut three so it would make a sort of H pattern inside the caddy. Also since they’re removable I can make all kinds of different compartments. ( I used a circular saw to cut the three pieces.)
- After they were cut I painted them and the bottom of the inside of the crate Tropical Oasis, One of my favorite colors.
- While everything was drying I went to my computer and made a stencil for the side. I just went through and found a font I liked then printed it off.
- I used an exacto knife to cut it out. Taped it down with painters tape then painted away.
- I let everything dry then Hammered the inserts in and we’re done!
You guys it still to this day amazes me what a little bit of paint can do to something. It turned out so perfect! Don’t worry I took plenty of pictures for you
I just absolutely love it!!
It turned out so great! So many parties will be made easier by this little fella.
Thanks For stopping By